[email protected] Conference Conference on Contemporary Competition Developments
Join Conference on Contemporary Competition Developments
8:30 – 9:00 Registration
9:00 Chair’s Welcome Remarks
9:15 – 10:35 Crystal ball gazing: merger control of the future
- ‘Refinement, improvement & simplification’ – trimming or mounting the red tape?
- Tailoring thresholds for data-rich targets in particular?
- Fine-tuning the referral mechanism?
Chair: Dr Ethel Fonseca, Principal, RBB Economics
- Birgit Krüger, Head of General Policy Division, German Bundeskartellamt
- Annemiek Wilpshaar, Deputy Head of Unit, DG COMP, European Commission
- Fiona Carlin, Head of Global Competition Practice, Baker McKenzie
- Julia Holtz, Legal Director, Google
- Susan Jones, Head Corporate Legal Antitrust, Novartis
10:35 – 10:55 Coffee/tea break
10:55 – 12:15 The E-Commerce riddle: same, same yet different digital world?
- Key lessons learned from the sector enquiry so far
- How selective can selective distribution be today?
- Online free-riding economics
- What does the post-enquiry future hold?
Chair: Dr Astrid Ablasser-Neuhuber, Partner, bpv Hügel
- Siún O'Keeffe, Senior Strategy Advisor, Dutch Authority for Consumers and Markets
- Dr Cristina Caffarra, VP, Head of European Competition Practice, CRA
- Szilvia Szekely, Task Force Digital Single Market, DG COMP, European Commission
- Kjersti Bjerkebo, General Manager Legal, Panasonic Europe
12:15 – 13:20 Lunch
13:20 – 14:40 Private competition enforcement: reality check past the Dec ‘16 deadline
- EU private enforcement landscape – before & after the directive
- Notable improvements & remaining obstacles
- Access to documents – disclosure & its impact on leniency
- Is Brussels I fit for purpose?
Chair: Ana Rita Rego, London Managing Editor, Mlex
- Michaela Nosa, Director of Legal and International Relations Division, Slovak Protimonopolný úrad
- Mercedes Pedraz, Judge, Spanish Audiencia Nacional
- Dr Kathrin Westermann, Partner, Noerr
- Dr Barbara Veronese, Partner, CEG Global
14:40 – 15:00 Address by Andreas Mundt, President, German Bundeskartellamt
15:00 – 15:20 Coffee/tea break
15:20 – 16:40 In search of the right box: rebates by dominant firms
- What’s next in the tale on ‘by object’ 102 TFEU infringements?
- Economics of exclusivity rebates – who benefits?
- Where does current case law leave competition authorities, courts & businesses?
Chair: Angélique de Brousse, Counsel, Freshfields Bruckhaus Deringer
- Prof. Alison Jones, King’s College London
- Kate Collyer, Deputy Chief Economic Adviser, UK Competition and Markets Authority
- Aleksandra Boutin, Vice President, Compass Lexecon
- Miriam Ezrachi, Group Counsel, EMEA IoT, Labs, Software and Services, Intel
- Martina Maier, VP, General Counsel, Competition, Unilever
16:40 – 18:00 Enforcers’ Roundtable: Shaping Contemporary Competition Policy
- Gabriella Muscolo, Commissioner, Italian Autorità Garante della Concorrenza e del Mercato
- Isolde Goggin, Chairperson, Irish Competition and Consumer Protection Commission
- Ann Pope, Senior Director Antitrust, UK Competition and Markets Authority
- Natalie Harsdorf, Deputy Managing Director, Austrian Bundeswettbewerbsbehörde
- Maria João Melícias, Member of the Board, Portuguese Autoridade da Concorrência
18:00 Closing Remarks
- Raluca Marian, Senior Associate, Norton Rose Fulbright
18:30 30 in their 30s Notable Women Competition Professionals: Announcement & Celebration