[email protected] Talk Remedies in Antitrust Investigations
Join [email protected] Talk: Expeditious resolution of antitrust investigations – What are the options?
Join for a discussion on the role of the EU cartel settlement procedure as a competition enforcement tool.
- Céline is the Director in charge of competition enforcement in the energy and environment sector at DG Competition.
- Agapi has been working in private practice in Brussels since 2010, advising companies on defence and cooperation strategies in the context of antitrust investigations under Articles 101 and 102 TFEU.
They will give a joint lunch presentation on the most recent developments regarding the resolution of antitrust investigations via remedies:
- What considerations will the European Commission take into account in deciding whether to accept commitments offered by a company under investigation?
- What potential pitfalls do commitment decisions involve for companies under investigation and third parties (such as complainants)?
- What are the limits of judicial review of commitment decisions?
- How is the procedure introduced by Case AT.39759 - ARA foreclosure different from commitment decisions? Is it really a new or a hybrid procedure?
- How will the European Commission decide which enforcement route is more appropriate for the expeditious resolution of future cases?
We hope you will join us for an interesting discussion. The event, hosted by Baker McKenzie, is open to all interested professionals, irrespective of their gender.
Register Now as number of places is limited; first-come, first served.
WHEN: Thursday, 18 May, 2017
WHERE: Cercle de Lorraine, Place Poelaert 6, 1000 Brussels, Belgium