W@Privacy Awards 2022 | Terms & Conditions
- Organising Entity & Purpose of the Privacy Awards
The 2022 W@Privacy Awards (the “Privacy Awards”) are organised by W@Privacy (“we”, “us” or “W@Privacy”). By entering the Privacy Awards you confirm that you have read, understood and agreed to these terms and conditions (the “Terms and Conditions”).
W@Privacy encourages the visibility and empowerment of female privacy professionals through events, knowledge sharing, mentoring programmess, and the building of a network of female privacy professionals. The Privacy Awards recognise notable women who lead by example, empower others, make an impact in their community and support the personal and professional growth of female privacy professionals.
1. Eligibility Criteria
The Privacy Awards are open to women privacy professionals located in the European Economic Area and Switzerland aged 18 years or over as of their date of entry of the nominations.
Members of the Judging Committee and any other member of the W@Privacy who assisted in any way in the preparation and organization of the Privacy Awards are in no event eligible to submit nominations.
You – or the nominating person – are responsible for the accuracy of the information provided when submitting a nomination to the Privacy Awards.
2. The Nomination Phase
Nominations and self-nominations are welcome through the nomination forms. Women professionals can be nominated to one or more of the following categories:
- “Most innovative privacy project”: the nominee is a recognised creative, courageous privacy professional with ground-breaking project.
- “Best contribution to the community”: the nominee is the author of an outstanding publication, infographic, podcast, etc or any other content in the privacy domain which is freely available, thought-provoking and contributes to educate and/or defend the data protection rights of their community.
- “Privacy Icon”: the nominee is an outstanding professional recognised as a role model in the privacy community.
- “Rising Star”: the nominee is a professional with less than ten (10) years of experience in the privacy field that shows great promise with their technical or practical ability through work and/or academic research..
3. The Selection Process & the Privacy Awards Ceremony
Selection Process - Winners of the Privacy Awards will be selected by a panel of privacy experts representing a variety of industries, sectors, and geographies (the “Judging Committee”). The selection process will consist of the following two (2) phases:
- First Phase - Members of the executive bodies of W@Privacy will pre-screen the nominations and provide the Judging Committee with up to five (5) nominees per category (“First Phase”). Nominees who pass the First Phase will be contacted by email from W@Privacy and informed about the following steps of the process.
- Second Phase - Applications which pass the First Phase, will be shared with the Judging Committee for their final review. For the assignment of the Awards, the Judging Committee will be asked to rank nominees on a scale of one (1) to five (5). Each nominee will be ranked as part of the specific category she was nominated for. The Judging Committee will select the winners based on their biographies and replies to the nomination forms’ questions as provided by the nominees. Based on the average of the scores attributed by each member of the Judging Committee, a maximum of three (3) winners will be identified per category. Winners will be notified by email from W@Privacy.
- Awards Ceremony - The winners will be announced at the Privacy Awards ceremony on November 14, 2022, to take place at Avenue Marnix 17, 1000 Brussels, Belgium. By passing the First Phase, you commit to attend the Privacy Awards ceremony in person.
4. Participants’ Exclusion and Unfeasibility
W@Privacy reserves the right to exclude any participant that posts any user content that infringes any person’s legal rights, including any right of privacy and confidentiality, is untrue, defamatory, infringing, abusive, obscene, indecent, deceptive, threatening, harassing, offensive, objectionable, vulgar, misleading or unlawful, sexist or racist.
W@Privacy reserves the right, in its absolute discretion, to verify the feasibility of the winner(s), or refuse to award a prize where there are reasonable grounds to believe there has been a breach of these Terms and Conditions.
5. Intellectual Property Rights
For the purposes of these Terms and Conditions, “Intellectual Property Rights” mean any literary and artistic property rights and/or industrial property rights related to the content of the submitted nominations (the “Nomination Content”).
By submitting a nomination, the nominee herself and/or the nominating person automatically assigns to W@Privacy, on a free and exclusive basis, any and all Intellectual Property Rights owned or which used to be owned by the nominee and/or the nominating person, in the Nomination Content, as and when they are posted, without any exception, restriction or discretion, including every present or future rights related to it or that could be recognised for any reason.
W@Privacy may use and exploit all or part of the Nomination Content, for promotional purposes by any means, including the internet and on any medium, including social media.
6. Force Majeure
W@Privacy reserves the right to shorten, extend, modify or cancel the Privacy Awards in the event of force majeure. Its liability will not be engaged in this case.
7. No Refund of Costs
The costs of the Internet connection needed in order to enter the nominations will not be refunded by W@Privacy nor will be refunded by W@Privacy any travel or other types of expenses connected directly or indirectly with the Privacy Awards.
8. Applicable Law and Jurisdiction
These Terms and Conditions shall be subject to Belgian law. In case any dispute, controversy or claim arising out of or relating to the subject matter hereof cannot be settled amicably the courts of Belgium shall have exclusive jurisdiction.
9. How to Contact Us
For any additional questions on these Terms and Conditions or to withdraw from the nominations please contact us at [email protected].